Monday, April 20, 2015

My Prom Makeup

Hello everybody!
If you've been following my blog, you'd know I recently went to prom. So this week I'm going to show you what I used for my makeup. 

Primer:

Neutrogena Shine Control primer x
Benefit the Porefessional x


Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 300 Golden Beige x


e.l.f. Eye Primer & Liner Sealer x
I used the primer on my eyelids and the sealer on my eyeliner.


For my brows and eyeshadow, I used this palette from Victoria's Secret. I don't think they sell this anymore, but the colors I used are very basic.


For my brows, I used a matte black.


I used a cool toned pink with simmer all over my eyelid.


I used a light cool toned brown with simmer as a transition shade and a dark matte brown in the crease.


Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen x
I lined my eyes and added a flick at the corners.

Then I curled my eyelashes and applied mascara.


Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express x
Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express x
I apply the Falsies first to keep hold the curl in my lashes and then use Mega Plush. I only use Mega Plush on my bottom lashes. 


Elf Natural Lash Kit x
(It took my forever to get these on. My hands were shaking so much, ahaha)

After I finished my eye makeup, I added a second layer of foundation for extra coverage.


Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 20 Sand and 25 Medium x
I mixed the two shades together to get the perfect shade. I used these on any blemishes the foundation didn't completely cover and the redness around my nose.


Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer & Highlighter in 245 Light x
I used this under my eyes to hide my dark circles.


Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 004 Sandstrom x
My face gets oily as the day goes on, so I paid extra attention to my T-zone.


e.l.f. Contour Blush & Bronzing Powder x
I only used the bronzer from this duo. The color is actually lighter in real life. I used it in the hollows of my cheek, my temples, and around the top of my forehead. 


Nars Blush in Deep Throat x (left)
Deep Throat is a peachy color with shimmer. I could have used the blush in the e.l.f. duo, but I got this one as a present and really wanted to use it. I put this on the apples of my cheeks and blended upwards towards my temple.


e.l.f. Studio Golden Bronzer x
I used the bottom left color as a highlighter. I put it on top of my cheekbones, on top of the blush, down my nose, corners of my eyes, my cupid's bow, a little bit on chin, a little bit on the middle of my forehead, and under the arc of my eyebrows.



Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 x
This is my absolute favorite lipstick, so it made sense to use it for prom. Usually I wear it during the fall and apply many coats to make it a darker color. But for prom, I applied two thin coats for a lighter berry red color.
I blotted between coats to make it last longer.


e.l.f. Makeup Mist & Set x
This help set my makeup and made sure it didn't come off through the night.

Here are the brushes I used:

Left to right:
Essence of Beauty Foundation Brush for foundation
EcoTools Eye Enhancing Duo set x for brows and eyeshadow
Essence of Beauty Concealer Brush for concealer
Revlon Powder Brush x for powder
Revlon Eyelash Curler x for eyelashes
Real Techniques Contour Brush x for contouring 
Real Techniques Stippling Brush x for blush
Real Technique Detail Brush x for lips

Here's what it looked like at the end:

Sorry about the bad lighting.

One tip for applying makeup for prom: practice, practice, practice. You'll only get better. Before prom, you'll be all excited and full of energy. It'll be hard to concentrate. Practice exactly what you're going to put on, especially fake eyelashes. 
If you're going to prom, I hope you have fun!

Thanks so much for reading. I'll see you soon!
~Claudia

Twitter: x
Instagram: x

2 comments: